Snapchat exceeds Twitter in popularity
- Published on Sunday, 03 May 2015 11:22
- Marilou Odulio
- 0 Comments
Snapchat is currently the third most popular social app among millennials, comScore reports.
The Internet analytics company explains that the overall audience penetration of Snapchat among smartphone users grew from 12.1 per cent in November 2013 to 18 per cent in June 2014. The app has a total 32.9 per cent penetration on young users’ mobile phones and it is only exceeded by Facebook and Instagram. Twitter falls on the fourth spot.
The report shows that Snapchat’s penetration among users aged between 18 and 24 is now around 50 percent, which means that the app is past the critical mass threshold. Another relevant demographic segment which just started to flourish is the one that includes 25 to 34 year olds, which has also reached double-digit penetration.
Andrew Lipsman, comScore VP of Marketing & Insights stated that Snapchat is likely to “evolve beyond its core value proposition” now that it has reached a new threshold. Collaborative “Our Story” feature also helped the app go beyond friend-to-friend photo messaging experience and even appeal to paying clients that wish to reach the Millennial audience.
In February, New York-based company Sumpto revealed that college students are more engaged in Snapchat than in Facebook. After conducting a survey on approximately 2,000 randomly chosen college students from different colleges and universities across the United States, the company concluded that 70 per cent of the respondents post on Snapchat at least once per day, while only 11 per cent choose to post daily updates on Facebook. Snapchat goes further than other messaging apps and allows its users to send texts, record videos and drawings, take photos and send them.
About Marilou OdulioShort biographical information of the author here...www.internetmarketingmag.com
- Snapchat exceeds Twitter in popularity - May 3, 2015
- Accused of infecting PCs to mine for Bitcoins, gaming company settles for $1.08m - April 28, 2015
- How to Get More People to Engage with Your Email Marketing Campaigns - April 24, 2015
- How to Collect Future Users Before an Android App is Launched - April 23, 2015
- Silicon Valley Partying - April 22, 2015
- 11 Lessons the World’s Largest Online Retailers Spent Millions to Learn - April 21, 2015
- Why the tech revolution could soon be televised: If you develop mobile apps, you must tune in to this - April 20, 2015
- Google joins competition in the cloud - April 17, 2015
- Mobile App Best Practices: How to Make a Mobile App that Attracts Customers Like Crazy - April 16, 2015
- How Long Should Your Landing Page Be? - April 15, 2015
- SEO Trends 2018
- 5 Ways To Promote On Social Media Without Being Too Pushy
- Apple wins $313m from Samsung in patent retrial
- Why You Should Engage in Co-marketing
- Snapchat exceeds Twitter in popularity
- Kickstarting the Next Generation 3D Printer
- Accused of infecting PCs to mine for Bitcoins, gaming company settles for $1.08m